Do you wish you could just get rid of all the lines and wrinkles on your face that make you look much older than you actually are? No matter how many anti-aging creams you use, there are some that just won’t go away with over the counter products alone. Moreover, as we age, we tend to lose volume in our cheeks, and this can make us look dull and older.
These problems can be resolved by using Restylane – a dermal filler that can add volume where you need it most, including not just your skin, but your lips as well. Let’s learn more about Restylane, what it is, how it works, the benefits it provides and who a suitable candidate for the treatment is.
The Restylane Treatment
Restylane is a line of dermal fillers that are composed of hyaluronic acid. It is injected inside the skin, thus filling up the depressions and adding volume from underneath whether it is sunken cheeks, fine lines and wrinkles, or thin lips. Restylane was approved by the FDA in 2003 for those above the age of 21 years old.
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring acid in our bodies, and is commonly found in our connective tissues, providing fullness to the skin. As we age, we tend to lose this natural fullness. Restylane, however, restores the lost volume, making your skin or lips look more plump, thus giving you a more youthful look.
There are different kinds of Restylane injectables, each designed for a different purpose. They are listed below:
• Restylane Silk, which is used for lip augmentation and to fill wrinkles around the mouth, also known as laugh lines.
• Restylane Lyft is to add volume to your cheeks and add better contour to your face, as well as filling out wrinkles in your hands.
• Restylane Defyne is designed to treat wrinkles and lines around the nose and mouth.
• Restylane Refyne is used for filling out wrinkles that form between the corners of your mouth to your nose.
• Restylane is used for treating dark circles, wrinkles, and for lip augmentation as well.
It is necessary that you consult with your doctor so you can choose the best Restylane treatment for you.
What to Expect from the Restylane Treatment
The procedure is a fairly simple one and takes no more than half an hour in most cases. It is an outpatient procedure, meaning that you can head home after the treatment is complete without having to stay in the hospital overnight. First, the doctor will clean the areas to be treated using an antiseptic. He will then decide how much Restylane you need depending on your unique condition and the results you wish to achieve.
With minimal downtime, you can return to your normal daily activities right after the procedure. It is advised that you rest for a day if you’ve had multiple injections.
The Benefits of Using Restylane
Restylane is a highly effective dermal filler that can help deliver excellent results. Patients undergoing the treatment can:
• Achieve a more youthful, toned, and refreshed appearance
• Plump up their lips if they are too thin
• Improve fullness in their cheeks and remove wrinkles and fine lines.
• Expect minimal downtime and results last for about six to nine months on average.
Contact Our Office
Want to achieve a more youthful and vibrant look that will turn heads? At Enfuse Medical Spa & Hair Restoration, we deliver excellent cosmetic treatments that can help you reach your aesthetic goals. If you are interested in any of our services and injectables, contact our office to learn more with Dr. William Evans.